Pasirinkite savo kalbą

|   +370 633 42242

New Permanent Resident Gun Ownership

Detaliau
2018-09-05 22:40 #31946 nuo VirgisJ
Hi Daniel,
I'm not the biggest expert either, but to my understanding information provided by Lehmen is pretty much correct. Your case in not "typical" here and I'm afraid there is no easy procedures worked out for foreigners to bring guns in LT on permanent basis. The best would be to hire professional attorney who could help to sort out everything.
If this topic is still relevant for you and your are ready to spend some $ on attorney I could look around for you for attorney within gun law expertise. Please let me know.

P.S. I work in company in Vilnius and we have one american colleague working with us in LT already 5 years. He is also a gun enthusiast, but did not started a process to own a gun here yet. In case you still have a wish to try getting gun there i may connect two of you to share practice and maybe attorney cost.

Please Prisijungti or sukurti paskyrą to join the conversation.

Detaliau
2018-07-20 23:08 #31608 nuo DanielTikusis
Thank you Alexej !

Does anyone know if I can have a translator help me with the exams and gun owner courses?

Are there any members that have experience with importing guns from United States who can help me?

Does anyone know an attorney that is experienced with the laws and procedures for gun ownership?

Detaliau
2018-07-20 01:25 - 2018-07-20 01:49 #31601 nuo Lehmen
Hi Daniel,
Good news are, permanent resident in Lithuania can apply for gun permit and would have same rights as Lithuanian citizens. But, I'm afraid, this is where good news ends. To get gun permit (which could include a concealed carry permit) you need to pass the same procedure as everyone else: you would need to finish gun owner courses ans pass the exam. Which is in Lithuanian. In the past it was possible to have a translator to help you with the exam, but with resent changes I'm not sure if it is still possible. Maybe it is, I just don't know.

Regarding bringing your guns with you, AFAIK there is no legal procedure to do it (maybe I wrong on this one). Except getting an import permit, as if you purchasing a new gun. It will require export papers from country of export, with serial numbers of the weapons and price. After that you can apply for import license in Lithuania, pay taxes and other fees. It is not very simple, but can be done.

While for self defense handgun permit you can apply being only a permanent resident, for rifle is a different story. You need to be a member of sport organization (IPSC will do), and to keep your license (you have to prolong guns permit every 5 years) - you need to be an active member (e. g., participate in competitions).

Safe requirements are not very strict: it must be able to hold all your weapons, have an internal lock and walls need to be at least 3 mm thick. If it weights less than 150 kg (I think), it need to be bolted to the wall.

All your guns are legal in Lithuania (actually, some stuff that is prohibited in California is legal in Lithuania), but as I told above, to import them in Lithuania would require some efforts.

PS I'm not an attorney, so there is nothing I could do for you except some advice on the forum.
Last edit: 2018-07-20 01:49 by Lehmen.

Detaliau
2018-07-19 22:36 #31598 nuo DanielTikusis
My name is Daniel Tikusis (Tikuisis), 55 years old and a USA citizen currently living in Benicia, California. My grandparents were born in Lithuania and moved to Chicago about 1910.
I am Technical Director for Kwik Bond Polymers and moving to Lithuania in 6 months to open European operations - laboratory, production and warehouse.
In August, I will be in Vilnius to submit all documents for Certificate of Lithuanian Descent and Permanent Resident Card with the help of my attorney. I should have my Permanent Resident Card in October.
I would like your help with Lithuania gun laws to determine if I can bring my guns to Lithuania. I would like to be a member of IPSC and LPSSF and compete in rifle matches. I do not speak Lithuanian. What exam do I have to pass? Can I take the exam in English? What are the requirements for the safe to store guns? steel thickness?
I would like to bring to Lithuania: Desert Tech SRS-A1 bolt action rifle, Desert Tech MDR semi-automatic rifle, Beretta 98FS 9mm pistol and Sig Sauer pistol. Are these guns allowed in Lithuania? I will only be using for sport.
I hope you can offer some guidance. Is there a member of IPSC and LPSSF who is an attorney that can help with entire process?
Can contact me by email:
Thank you,
Daniel Tikusis

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderatoriai: MKaz