Pasirinkite savo kalbą

|   +370 633 42242

Moving to Lithuania for work

Detaliau
2016-03-16 02:25 #27132 nuo fatflatfrog
Are there any of the relevant laws translated in English? From what I have gathered by my initial legislation check your labor and social security laws are practically the same as where I am from, so I would love to check out the firearms legislation to compare.

I think renting a firearm is not cost effective for long term, but I will check with relevant authorities once I'm there how to eithe get a lithuanian license or move my weapon for an extended period.

Prašome Prisijungti arba sukurti paskyrą norėdami prisijungti prie pokalbio.

Detaliau
2016-03-08 20:48 #27079 nuo mindekei

fatflatfrog parašė: Hello everyone,
I understand that this is a Lithuanian forum and my google translate can only get me so far, so I'll try to be brief. I will be moving to Lithuania in a couple of weeks to start work for 1-3 years, and since I am a very active shooter in my own country, I was wondering if you could help me get stuff started here.

Welcome,
If you will have living permit in Lithuania I believe there should be possibility to get gun permit in LT, but this needs to be checked. We have few guys here who have good knowledge of the matter, but is not standard procedure in our license dept. so be prepared for some fun :)

I own a gun and the necessary permits, I have completed health and psych evaluations and finished my IPSC exam (but it isn't confirmed yet, I have done it during the season break). I wonder a couple of things:

Level 3 matches requires IPSC "document", so it would be better to have it. There are quite many IPSC/IDPA matches in LT (one time per month on average), where you could participate with rented gun and with "guest" status.

1. Does the European weapon passport work for a prolonged stay in a country (not being invited to a specific tournament)?

I think no, most matches specify in their invitations, that it is only valid for specific match. And you need this invitation to enter the country.

2. If it doesn't, how can a non-permanent resident register his firearm?

If other members will not answer I will call licensing dept. and will ask.

3. I read that there are only two stores (1 in Vilnius) which sell guns/ammo but wasn't able to find a website. Can you help me?

For Handguns there is state regulated monopoly, it is called Lithuanian guns fund, www.lgf.lt . But for ammo/rifles, there are quite a lot of stores, minimum 5-6 in Vilnius only.
try google survival.lt, suvioakademija.lt, saugosakademija.lt, oksalis.lt, balticarms.lt, vollit.lt, etc.
[quotes] 4. Is there a register of shooting ranges in Vilnius, only managed to google stuff for tourists...[/quote]
there are 4 shooting places in Vilnius (and around) which are the most popular (it is quite simple language, so use google translate for more info, in many places i believe there will be problems with english):
www.suvioakademija.lt/kontaktai,8.html - open range in Pamaraziai and indoor (sort of) in Vilnius center.
www.saudymoklubas.lt/index.php?cid=18 - indoor range in Mindaugo street.
commercial place for shooting: saudykla.lt
most places can offer Pistols/Rifles/shotguns for rent.

I would really appreciate any help to get stuff sorted, so I can continue with this awesome sport :) If i forgot or didn't think of something, please let me know.

If I where you, (of course depends on the country you are comming from) I would have valid IPSC license and would use available services of renting firearm during the matches, and train in above listed places, prices are quite ok.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatflatfrog

Detaliau
2016-03-08 15:10 - 2016-03-08 15:23 #27078 nuo fatflatfrog
Hello everyone,

I understand that this is a Lithuanian forum and my google translate can only get me so far, so I'll try to be brief. I will be moving to Lithuania in a couple of weeks to start work for 1-3 years, and since I am a very active shooter in my own country, I was wondering if you could help me get stuff started here.

I own a gun and the necessary permits, I have completed health and psych evaluations and finished my IPSC exam (but it isn't confirmed yet, I have done it during the season break). I wonder a couple of things:

1. Does the European weapon passport work for a prolonged stay in a country (not being invited to a specific tournament)?
2. If it doesn't, how can a non-permanent resident register his firearm?
3. I read that there are only two stores (1 in Vilnius) which sell guns/ammo but wasn't able to find a website. Can you help me?
4. Is there a register of shooting ranges in Vilnius, only managed to google stuff for tourists ...

I would really appreciate any help to get stuff sorted, so I can continue with this awesome sport :) If i forgot or didn't think of something, please let me know.
Redaguota: 2016-03-08 15:23 - fatflatfrog.

• Negalima: sukurti naują temą.
  • Negalima: atsakyti.
  • Negalima: redaguoti savo pranešimą.
Moderatoriai: MKaz